Samsung Galaxy S4 users now can upgrade their devices to the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. The first official Android 5.0.1 Lollipop with build number LRX22C is now available to install on Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. This is good news for the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 owners that they can now update their devices to this latest LRX22C build. Yes the Android 5.0.1 firmware is leaked now. Thanks to the blackcat67 (XDA Developers senior member) for uploading the leaked Lollipop firmware for Galaxy S4. Most of the user already updates their device with this new firmware. The new update comes with all the goodness and features of Android 5.0 which are otherwise only available for the Nexus range of devices. This firmware has been tested by many S4 users and they reported that all of the basic features such as Wi-Fi, network data, Bluetooth, sensors and NFC etc are working well.
The new firmware, recently leaked in China and S4 users can use the same on their device and enjoy the experience of Android Lollipop. It is also compatible with the other variants of Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500, GT-I9502, GT-I9508 and the GT-I9508v except GT-I9505 (Snapdragon 600). Today in this guide we’ll show you how you can easily update you Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 with this leaked firmware. The guide is pretty simple and takes a few minutes to complete the process.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy S4by navigating to Settings > Developer Options and check USB Debugging option. If the “Developer Options” is not available in Settings, then go to “About Phone” options in Settings and find the Build number there. Tap on the Build number for 7 times and the Developer Options will be appeared.
- Download and install the correct Galaxy S4 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your Galaxy S4 must be factory unlocked.
- At first download the Lollipop 5.0 Firmware update from the above link to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Now Download Odin and extract the zip file to your computer from the above link.
- Boot your Galaxy S4 into Download Mode, to do so, first, turn OFF the device and then turn it ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time. Tap Power key until you see the construction Android robot icon with a triangle on the phone’s screen. Finally, tap on Power key once again to enter into Download Mode.
- Now connect you phone to the PC with USB cable and Run Odin flashing tool (As Administrator).
- One of the ID: COM boxes will turns yellow once the device connects successfully but this process may take a while. So be patient.
- Now, go to the Odin window and add extracted firmware files in respective buttons as shown in the image below.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Now begin the flashing process by clicking on the Start button in Odin. This installation process might take some time.
- After the process is completed you will see the RESET! Or PASS! Message on ODIN screen, your phone will reboot now.
- At first download the Google Apps package from the above given link and transfer it to the SD Card or internal memory of the phone.
- Now Boot the Galaxy S4 in to Recovery Mode and install the .zip file.
Congrats! You just updated your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 to I9500ZCUJOA3 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware.
If you have any doubt that your Galaxy S4 is successfully updated or not then go to settings. Now go to about device to verify this firmware update. Don’t hesitate to tell us in the comments section below if you have any trouble or query while installing Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Official Firmware on Galaxy S4.