Having multiple Google accounts is very usual these days, because some would use one account for professional use and the other for personal use. Using other Google services like Google Drive and Google Plus also needs a Google account and there are many reasons why having several Google accounts in a single Android phone is normal. If you’re using an Android phone or tablet, you know that you need to add a Google account to the device to use it. But users have always wondered how to add an account when there is one Google account set already in the Samsung Android phone.
But don’t worry now you can add more than one Google account to your device. Adding multiple Google accounts to your Android device is useful if you use more than one Google account for several different Google services, such as Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Calendar. The below guide is for you.
Add another Google Account to Your Android Device
- To add a second one, or in fact to add a first one if you didn’t do it at all, go to Settings > Personalization > Accounts. On a Samsung device, such as a Galaxy Note 4, part of the process for adding another Google account is slightly different and part of it is the same. To begin, swipe down from the top panel on the home screen and then touch the “Settings” (gear) button in the upper-right corner of the screen. On the “Settings” screen, scroll down to the “Account” section and then touch “Accounts.”
- Under accounts, the last option would be “Add Account”. Tap on that.
- The “Add account” screen displays. The green dots on the right side indicate accounts you current have on your device.
- In this, you will get a big list to choose from. Select “Google”, and you will be asked in the next screen, whether you want to add an existing account or create a new Google account. You probably should already be having an account, thus select “Existing”, or choose New if you wanted to create a new one.
- Now in next steps, at sign In option type your email address and password and then tap next.
- Now in the next step you will be able to see Google terms and condition where you just click on ok.
- Now you will be successfully able to add a second Google account, or in that case, multiple Google accounts in the same Android phone from Samsung Galaxy series.
- In the final step you will be able to see Google Payment info, here you just skip it.
- The account is added to the list on the My Accounts screen.
Add another account using Gmail App
You can also use Gmail to add an additional Google account to your device.
- At first lunch Gmail app and the click the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen. Then tap on “Add account” on the menu that opens.
- On the “Add account” dialog box, make sure “Google” is selected and then touch “OK.”
- Now follow the previous steps to sing in.
You can repeat these steps to add more e-mail accounts. All the accounts you configure will be made available through the Email app. Now I hope you successfully add your account on your Samsung device. If you face any problem then leave a comment.